Each player of this game starts with the “6 weird things about you”. People who get tagged need to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names (Sunshine).
1. I talk in four different accents (a Somali, Kenyan, English and American accent) , sometimes find it difficult to understand what I say because I also mumble while speaking. From time to time one accent inhibits my body and I would end up using that accent for a while……..
2. I can’t walk around barefooted in the house……I get this weird feeling on the soles of my feet if I walk around without slippers. I don’t feel comfortable wearing normal shoes in the house so they have to be slippers that I wear…..and by slippers I mean ‘dacas’ (or thick socks……but that’s a last resort). My mama says that I was like ever since I was a toddler (whenever my mama would want me to sit somewhere still she would just take my shoes…..which guarantees that I wouldn’t move from my spot).
3. I like my room to stay the same (organised chaos)……after I clean my room I don’t feel comfortable unless there is a little bit of untidiness. I like this way because I can think clearly (as my mind tells me that my room is homely), for some reason…..I find things easier among the organised chaos than when everything is neat.
4. I have a knack for knowing when something is on my mama’s mind (I’m sure you are now saying, so does every other child) but here is the weird thing , my mama and I live on 2 different continents….an ocean and thousands of miles separates us. Still, I always get this unsettling feeling and a need to call home, when I hear mama’s voice the first I ask her is “is everything ok maa?”. It’s a connection we have had since I can remember…….
5. I don’t how to use a spoon when eating rice or thick desserts, I use a fork instead (however when having cereal I can comfortably use a spoon). When am at home I can only use a fork with a plastic end……a fork with a metal end makes me feel as though something is crawling inside my palm.
6. Which brings me to number six, I go through these phases where the oddest things make me feel as if I want to be physically sick or get goose bumps . For example, I went through a phase where when I used a blue biro pen I felt physically sick……….
Hope the ride wasn't too bumpy :)
Although.....whether the tagged would reply is something else.....inshaAllah kheyr!