NATIVE FEMALE

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception." (Al Imran Chapter 3 verse 185)

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Ok…..I have procrastinated enough….it’s time I answered Dreamer's tag. So I have to name 6 weird things about me……….here goes.

Each player of this game starts with the “6 weird things about you”. People who get tagged need to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names (Sunshine).

1. I talk in four different accents (a Somali, Kenyan, English and American accent) , sometimes find it difficult to understand what I say because I also mumble while speaking. From time to time one accent inhibits my body and I would end up using that accent for a while……..

2. I can’t walk around barefooted in the house……I get this weird feeling on the soles of my feet if I walk around without slippers. I don’t feel comfortable wearing normal shoes in the house so they have to be slippers that I wear…..and by slippers I mean ‘dacas’ (or thick socks……but that’s a last resort). My mama says that I was like ever since I was a toddler (whenever my mama would want me to sit somewhere still she would just take my shoes…..which guarantees that I wouldn’t move from my spot).

3. I like my room to stay the same (organised chaos)……after I clean my room I don’t feel comfortable unless there is a little bit of untidiness. I like this way because I can think clearly (as my mind tells me that my room is homely), for some reason…..I find things easier among the organised chaos than when everything is neat.

4. I have a knack for knowing when something is on my mama’s mind (I’m sure you are now saying, so does every other child) but here is the weird thing , my mama and I live on 2 different continents….an ocean and thousands of miles separates us. Still, I always get this unsettling feeling and a need to call home, when I hear mama’s voice the first I ask her is “is everything ok maa?”. It’s a connection we have had since I can remember…….

5. I don’t how to use a spoon when eating rice or thick desserts, I use a fork instead (however when having cereal I can comfortably use a spoon). When am at home I can only use a fork with a plastic end……a fork with a metal end makes me feel as though something is crawling inside my palm.

6. Which brings me to number six, I go through these phases where the oddest things make me feel as if I want to be physically sick or get goose bumps . For example, I went through a phase where when I used a blue biro pen I felt physically sick……….

Hope the ride wasn't too bumpy :)

I tag:

NM
White African
MD
Newbie
Muslimah
Weary Nomad

Although.....whether the tagged would reply is something else.....inshaAllah kheyr!

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger SleepDepraved said...

My roomate used to have the same issues you have with spoons. She used to come look for the plastic ended cutlery whenever she couldn't find some in the drawers. I think you tended to have more weird traits than the ones I have read so far. :)

Mathe yuko wapi?

Saturday, November 25, 2006 10:53:00 PM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

SleepD: I'll take the fact that I'm the wierdest you've read so far as a compliment ;)

Mathe yuko Kenya na mimi niko UK. Infact...hatuja ishi pamoja miaka kumi...lakini bado tuna connection alhamdulillah :)

Sunday, November 26, 2006 12:33:00 AM  
Blogger Lonesome Dreamer said...

lol thanks for answering. The connection you have with ur mom is amazing.

Sunday, November 26, 2006 4:03:00 AM  
Blogger wasmaniac said...

is there a kenyan accent? I mean we are so diverse, wa jaka have a distinct accent, so do somalis, so do kikuyu's...hata waluhya na wameru! so which kenyan accent is that?

Sunday, November 26, 2006 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Firefly said...

lol @ different accents. #4 is very touching.

Sunday, November 26, 2006 8:06:00 PM  
Blogger Inspired said...

asalamu alaikum

Did you have to tag me NF? did ya?
alright.....I'll let ya'all in on my wierdness...but tommorow inshAllah right now I'm off to bed!

Monday, November 27, 2006 4:11:00 AM  
Blogger weary tribal nomad said...

ok im going to do it but only six come on!! im reak i gotta have at least ten BAZILLION!!

Monday, November 27, 2006 9:01:00 AM  
Blogger white african said...

loool wonderful sis, now i gotta do mine hmmmmmmmmmm

Monday, November 27, 2006 9:19:00 AM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

Dreamer: You are welcome and thank you.

Wasmaniac: The Kenyan accent that I am refering to is one that is universally recognised (by a non-Kenyan). A kenyan person can pick up on the different accents between the indegienous (is that how u spell the word) kenyans but to others it all sounds the same. I dont know what Kenyan accent I personally have...its just people have commented that my accent sounds Kenyan.......me dont know!

Firefly: The different accents are actually quite entertaining.....just ask my friends who have had the pleasure of witnessing it....loool

I had to tag u Muslimah...so it is time you unleashed your wierd self....loool

Weary: For now just narrow it to six......we dont wanna scare the readers.....this kinda thing has to be administered in small doses you know.......loool.
If I can stick to six then so can you Nomad :)

WA: Wonderful huh? Yours should be interesting......loool

Monday, November 27, 2006 1:50:00 PM  
Blogger NM said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO why native why!! i can't list 6weird things about myself..

I insist there is absolutely nothing weird or different about me:)

does that get me off the hook?!

by the way 6 was clearly not enough for you either

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Newbie! said...

tagged me eh? ok, il try inshaallah. i have too many weird little traits but il try and pinpoint my worst ones! lol.

Thursday, November 30, 2006 2:54:00 PM  
Blogger Flower.of.Chaos said...

Hello weirdo! Give us a shout at somali.blogs@googlemail.com ... we have a proposition for you and your buds!

Saturday, December 02, 2006 12:48:00 AM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

NM: You knew it had to happen.....
what are you talkin about?! U knw you are as wierd as, the rest of us so get to it.....it's actually fun...loool

Newbie:Looking forward to reading about your wierdness... :)

FOC: Ok....will do inshAllah. Hhmm...am curious....

Sunday, December 03, 2006 3:06:00 PM  
Blogger Inspired said...

asalamu aliakum

Can I take raincheck sis....going through some things...Can't really unleash my wierdness at the momement :(

Sunday, December 03, 2006 7:47:00 PM  
Blogger NM said...

muslima khayr inshallah

Monday, December 04, 2006 9:57:00 AM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

Wa alaykum salam warahmatullahi t'ala wabaraktu

Muslimah...ofcourse you can take a raincheck......dnt worry about it. As NM said khayr inshaAllah
:)

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 9:51:00 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

I have the Malaysian, Somali, Kenyan (and, according to others, English despite never having lived there!) accent but mine occur all at once. Lol.

This spurred a post on my blog by the way.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home