NATIVE FEMALE

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception." (Al Imran Chapter 3 verse 185)

Sunday, October 15, 2006

I am aware....and I am praying....I have not forgotten....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmsXIN5JYJE


Sitting here with eyes filled with tears I wonder how the Muslim Ummah ended up in this state. How is it that our children, brothers and sisters are being oppressed and killed from left, right and centre?

With Muslims making up a large number of the worlds population how can we let this happen? I have no doubt that nearly every Muslim prays for our fellow brothers and sisters experiencing hardship. But why does it seem like nothing? Why does it seem like our prayers are not being answered? What are we doing wrong? These are questions that have been haunting me for quite some time, especially at night (the time when I get to reflect and contemplate). Why? Why? Why? Why is it when billions of Muslims are putting their hands up in prayer do we not see a change?

The answer to my questions in the end was very simple.

If I wanted to lift a heavy container that weighed a lot, something that would definitely require some careful thinking before lifting. Would I just sit next to it and pray that Allah lift it for me to my destination? Would I just sit not doing anything hoping for a miracle from Allah that would help me move this container from A to B?

The answer is NO! I would pray that Allah makes it easy for me, that Allah doesn’t cause any harm to me through it and then I would proceed to lifting it.

Then why don’t we employ the same mentality that we do in our everyday lives to sort the issues affecting the Ummah? Why are we content with just sitting down in our cosy houses just saying a silent prayer? Why don’t we be proactive? Why don’t we go out there and do something?

I say this to myself before anybody else because I myself I’m not as proactive as I wish I could be. There is plenty more I could do. There is plenty more I should do. I can’t sit down enjoying life anymore while my brothers and sisters live in terror. While they are being persecuted. While innocent children die in the name of the so called democracy.

There is a hadith where the Prophet (SAW) says that if we see something we should first try to change it with our actions and if we can’t then we should try to do so with our tongue and if that isn’t possible then we should do so with our hearts and that is the weakest form of iman (keep in mind I am paraphrasing the hadith)

The Ummah is like a body if one part hurts then the whole body is not at ease. We should make the Ummah's problems our problems. We should try and do something about the state that we are in.

I have been praying for the Ummah for a while now…..throwing stones with my heart. It is about time I threw stones with my pen……with my words.....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home