NATIVE FEMALE

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception." (Al Imran Chapter 3 verse 185)

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Curbing my addiction

Since Ramadhan is a time for breaking habits I decided it's high time I curbed my caffeine addiction. Four days into the blessed month and I haven't had a any (except for a cup and a half of coffee when NM visited).

It's proving difficult......I have had a constant headache and bouts of dizziness coupled with being costantly tired. At first I thought I was coming down with some virus but I eventually concluded that this was my caffeine withdrawal symptoms.

Maybe going cold turkey wasn't the right way.......I'll see how I feel in the next few days and if I can beat this cold turkey. If not I would have one cup a day but I hope it doesn't come to this.

InshaAllah kheyr

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger SleepDepraved said...

I sympathize dear. I used to addicted to caffine too. Its an indulgence these days. I seem not to be able to even finish a cup. I went cold turkey from drinking about three cups a day. You will get over it and no better time than during ramadhan. **thats came out horribly but no matter you know i mean well**

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 5:11:00 AM  
Blogger white african said...

speaking from experience ahme ahem, i was the most addicted one out of all you bloging people, cause i couldnt walk around without a cup in my hand and then i thought this is pathetic so i decide di would drasticly reduce my intake which i have, the secret sis is in reducing not stopping completely.

even when alcohol was made haram in the time of the prophet, it was'nt done straight of, it was done in stages, until people got used to the idea and until the body got used to the change.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 9:21:00 AM  
Blogger NM said...

Native, you should have told me you were going cold turkey :) i feel like a bad influence now.

you want to get the best out of ramadan and being tired, having headaches isnt the way. drink a cup or two and decrease your intake as you go along.

It might sound like your undoing your good work but if its making you feel that bad have a cup :)

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 2:45:00 PM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

Jazakumullahu kheyran sistaz. Your advice is greatly appreciated!

Sunday, October 01, 2006 9:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home