NATIVE FEMALE

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception." (Al Imran Chapter 3 verse 185)

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Amazing?

My not so amazing but will have to do list of things..........

1. I adapt the accent of whoever I am speaking to. This attribute is rather embarrassing because people think that I am imitating them but really I just cant help it.

2. I am able to ‘hang out’ with any age group. From my youngsters to my elders. Most of my friends will tell you that I ‘chill out’ with their mothers (and lil and older siblings) a little too comfortably.

3. I look like a girl, I have the body of a girl and yet I act like a boy. I am one of the few tomboys who are not easily recognized as one because I wear an 'abaya'....loool

4. I laugh at absolutely anything….my sense of humour over-rides most things. Only a few people understand what I am laughing at as I laugh at the most weirdest things. I can’t help it….am just a happy person.

5. I am able to detach myself from anything that I feel will emotionally suffocate me, I will act as if nothing is wrong that even those close to me find it difficult to pinpoint unless I voluntarily offer info. I am not sure if this is a good thing or not………

6. I have broken my collar bone, dislocated and broken my shoulder, sprained my ankle, damaged the ligament of my foot and have an injured pelvic bone. What is amazing is all this is on the right side of my body…..the side that does most of the work. And alhamdulillah I am still running and living life..........

7.Another thing is that I have fractured my tailbone twice…….and that was not pretty both times. I have difficulty sitting on hard surfaces for a long time which can be hell embarassing when you go to a new a place and try to decline politely when asked to sit on hard surfaced chairs……. I am wondering if I should have shared that piece of info………

8. I have a high threshold for bullshit so long as it is directed at me and not others. For some reason I find it easy to tolerate someone directing ill omen at me but can’t exercise the same type of patience when it is directed at others. Go figure…….

9. I easily forgive……..

10. I am my family's and friends agony aunt….everybody in the house seems to trust me with everything be it their secret thought or their secret stash of something forbidden or anything they want to keep on the d-low....another thing is that strangers seem to want to tell me their problems or crazy thing they have done in their life.......

That's all folks.......
Now that the damage is done……..I guess I’ll be leaving.
Before I do that....I am tagging NM,White African and MD although I doubt MD will be posting anything soon ;)

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger white african said...

that was lovley sis wallahi, i;m privellaged that i can call you a friend.

your not the only one to break bones and what not, i had a knife in my eye once, dont ask, pretty stupid...

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 7:14:00 PM  
Blogger NM said...

So true Native. I sat there nodding as i read each point. Your definately amazing and Allah has blessed us with you as a friend

btw people am feeling rather left out here i have not broken anything definately an Alhamdulilah is required i think.

The knife in the eye, Native you have to get WA to tell it to you face to face

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:58:00 AM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

Aaaww you guys......u gonna make me cry *wipes tears* and that wil put a dent on my reputation......

Luv u guys.....I feel blessed that I knw u....thnx!

WA..where are u? You need to fill a sista in on this knife in the eye story......face to face..an excuse for us to meet...there...now u gotta make time....lool

NM...how am I gonna cope with u away for 6mnths huh?

Lemme go and freshen up before anyone sees me....you guys have made me cry.....*sobs*

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger NM said...

WA and i were just having a text massage conversation and we have decided we need to meet up this weekend at some point. am good for sunday.

Native female I THINK the question is how will i COPE without any of you!

Ponder on that... sob sob

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 11:32:00 AM  
Blogger NM said...

Dear lord i have just read that you have tagged me! Native i can't come up with ten.

you guys have to help me

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger white african said...

yep native we will meet soon inshallah, this weekend inshallah.

nm maybe something about application forms looooooooool

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 5:09:00 PM  
Blogger Firefly said...

Amazing?

Totally!!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 11:13:00 PM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

Firefly: Asante as we say in swahilli....it means thanx.

Me thinks this list is amazing because of my wierdness..... :D.
oh well...

Friday, September 15, 2006 12:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home