NATIVE FEMALE

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception." (Al Imran Chapter 3 verse 185)

Monday, August 28, 2006

Somewhere but i dont know where...

I'm somewhere in between:
Imaginery and reality
Mediocrity and abnormality
A citizen and a nationality
A closed mind and a split peronality
begging for change and begging for salary
By Amir Suleiman
Brother Amir Suleiman is a spoken word poet who doesn't shy away from telling the truth. i like the powerful way in which he delivers his pieces.....one of my fav pieces is danger...if i can find an audio I will post it inshaAllah. I find his poetry easy to relate to......i feel where the brother is coming from. Anyway enough of my rambling........y'all stay in good health now inshaAllah
till then.......
Peace!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger SleepDepraved said...

I was asking muslimah about spoken word artist she said who were reverts. Thanks for the name. I will look him up.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 1:07:00 AM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

You are very welcome SD..anytime.
Brother Amir is a kind of inpiration...so pleasure is all mine...:)

Thursday, August 31, 2006 3:58:00 PM  
Blogger SleepDepraved said...

Check out my blog in a few hours. I will have him performing your fav poem.

Friday, October 20, 2006 7:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home