NATIVE FEMALE

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception." (Al Imran Chapter 3 verse 185)

Saturday, September 02, 2006

A Day in the Life of a Paradox


The act of staying sane is making me crazy
I watch the blind
hear the deaf
kill for life

happy to be angry
live for my death
I hate my love
live underground
but attack from above
a criminal for justice
I fight for peace
a fool for wisdom
a man with a piece
The chrome shines
but my kind laughs at guns

I fear none
that's when I got jacked by nuns
I live in a time when priests cheat
when a brothers keeper won't keep
when you can sell your body and sell your soul on the same street
demons make millions selling death to children
buildings takes place of nature
the sun burns through glaciers
pure energy
you hear imagery
and see sounds
smells verbs and nouns
looked up to those on the ground
not those standing over
its touch but not much
I'm in nights clutnowhere I find a four leaf clover
only weeds that are picked to inhale
jail cells in hell
my habitat repels
light and such
I can look forch
trying to make me nocturnal

paternal thoughts
I watch
cross the street
slide and collide
with reality
the mentality of me is unknown
not fully grown
but owned by me
and only me
it's swollen me
to this illiotic level of poetry…
By Amir Suleiman

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Leyla said...

Amir Suleiman is the ILLEST...I LOVE the language he uses...the way he delivers..and ultimately expresses...my favourites include Bluest I (the image he paints...every time I end up putting my head down and just shake with sadness)..."Her Private Parts Become Public Places"....Vanilla Sky...hmmm..."I am a man of my word and a man of my worth and a man of the earth"..."I think I am dreaming of a vanilla Sky"...and finally A Dead Man Walking..."I am a dead man walking, a mute man talking, a blind man watching my brothers die"..."Kill my dreams and bury the corps"...ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL...Thank you for sharing....

Saturday, September 16, 2006 3:49:00 AM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

It is absolutely beautiful...Bluest I.....man everytime I listen to that piece am just...damn cant even find the words.

A Dead Man Walking is great....makes u seriously think about the present situation in the world now and our role in it.

U are very welcome Blue...am just glad to find another Amir S fun :D

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 11:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home