NATIVE FEMALE

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception." (Al Imran Chapter 3 verse 185)

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Its been a year gurlz!

So its just been over a week and things are going great alhamdulillah. Work has been flexible since it’s Ramadhan…that’s the joy of working with Muslims

So Friday was the MAB iftari………..and boy did it take a lot out of me!
First of all I walked from Moss Side to Levenshulme where Nawab Restaurant (the place where the iftari was held). Then when I got there they told me that they had run out of tickets. I just looked at the brother and thought “What?”

He just looked at me and shrugged his shoulders.

Brother: I’m sorry but all the tickets are booked we don’t have any more

Me: brother don’t play us like that….you must have a few that you can spare….I mean we payin

Brother: I’m sorry…..there is nothing I can do

Me: we walked from Moss Side…..brother have some sympathy!

Brother: sorry (shrugs his shoulders)

Me: ok….kheyr inshaAllah. Guess it wasn’t meant to be.

So I’m really disappointed by now but not yet despairing…..so I call everyone on my line that might be selling tickets. Get a massive disappointed because no-one has any left. I decided to call White African to see if she is going and she tells me she is. It was exactly a year ago at the same event that I met her…..so this event had some sort of a special meaning for me.

As I am about to leave the brother comes up to us (now our group consisted of Shuks, Gdon, Fdows, BabyH and myself) he says he only has two tickets for Gdon and Fdows. So we ask them to take it.
One of my friends from uni comes up to me and says “I have one ticket…do you guys want it?”

I reply “we want three…..aint you got 3?

She says “I only got one”

I call Shuks over and ask her to have the ticket coz I can’t leave Baby H and she can’t leave me (we are attached at the hip). She accepts reluctantly.

By now I’m consoling myself by saying it wasn’t meant to be. As BabyH and I were about to leave the brother comes back and says “I have two tickets”. I look at him as if to say are you for real?
Then Shuks speaks up and says “we want three…..there’s three people left (while looking for a ticket we met this girl who was in the same dilemma as we were…..so we couldn’t leave her by herself).

“I thought you wanted two?” says the brother

“We can’t leave our sister hanging” replies Shuks

“Sister? She is not your sister” says the brother

You should note that the sister was Pakistani and the rest of us were Somali.

“She is our sister is Islam” I reply

The brother then smiles and gives us the ticket.
I wanted to hi-5 the brother……..but then that kinda act aint exactly appropriate (especially in an Islamic event…..u feel me).

Went inside and had a good time. A lot of talents were showcased. The story of the King and the boy was entertaining and a good reminder.

Poetry by the Quest was one of my highlights together with the play. I have to say that the two brothers were talented hands down. The play was hilarious and White African provided an excellent narrative.

The best part was the dua delivered by White African’s father……..it was just beautiful!

All in all…..it was a night well spent.

This event marked the first anniversary of my friendship with the Group…….it was what got the ball rolling…..by the will of Allah.

MashaAllah it has been a blessing knowing these girls……they have increased me in knowledge and encouraged me to be a better person.

Just wanted to say that I love y’all…….4real.
You my sistas and my homies………….may Allah keep us together for many more years….ameen.

By the way…..I know I live in Moss Side and I walk around as if I’m a gangsta (albeit a hijabi gangsta…lol) but I did not sneak into the iftari. Allah just showered his mercy on me…alhamdulillah. That myth should be dispelled of………lool

Luv ya'all

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger white african said...

oh sweetness, you do not know th ejoy i experienced when you approache dme in nawab, it was like looking at a ghost, my reaction ws ' wa wa what, faiza, my god. how did you come in?' lol it was fanatstic seeing you sis.

glad you enjoye dthe vent, and i to thank allah for providing the oppertunity to know you.

may allah keep us all together inshallah

Monday, October 02, 2006 9:13:00 AM  
Blogger NM said...

LOL! what a story Native, it couldn't possibly be a simple buy your ticket and enter :)

i rathe like the rumour that is going around about you forcing your way in:)

My goodness, it that it, we have only known each other for a year!! WOW it feels so much longer.

you stay a permanent part of this group you hear. love you too sweety

p.s i was rather upset i missed the iftar but tns called

Monday, October 02, 2006 2:23:00 PM  
Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

We love you too hon. May we remain friends who love and guide each other for the sake of Allah. When am I gonna see your gansta self? Missing you...

Sunday, October 08, 2006 12:28:00 AM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

Ameen thuma ameen!

WA it was fantastic seeing u sis...hope 2 see u soon inshaAllah.

NM I knw wat u mean about it feeling longer...thats exactly how i feel.

Idealist I hope soon inshaAllah (when we see each other I mean)

Alhamdulillah...Allah truly has blessed me with good friends. May we become the ones that guide each other to the straight path, be ech others rocks, love each other, advice each other on all good things...and all for the sake of Allah. Ameen ya Rabbil 'alameen

Monday, October 09, 2006 6:02:00 AM  
Blogger MD said...

loving you is easy cos you're beautiful and funny....

Monday, October 09, 2006 11:56:00 AM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

*blushes*
Stop it girl....I'm finding it difficult to walk through the door.
Luv ya too....

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 12:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home