NATIVE FEMALE

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception." (Al Imran Chapter 3 verse 185)

Monday, November 06, 2006

Health concerns......

Winter has come back with a vengeance. The price we pay for having the kind of summer that we did. It’s freezing. Although I was eagerly awaiting winter (hot seasons aren’t my favourites as I can’t take the heat contradictory because I’m African….oh well) I have to say so far it hasn’t been productive. Mainly because I cant breathe because the cold inflames my nasal canal and because of these persistent headaches I have been having.

I went to see my physician on Tuesday and discussed my headaches with her. She asked me if I have been under some stress recently or if I’m drinking enough water and if I wear my spectacles as is should. My answer was simple…I am not under any extra stress apart from day to day grind and I am also drinking at least two litres of water a day. The only other thing is I don’t wear my specs as often but that has never been a problem.
My physician was actually very concerned about my headaches and ordered for me to have a blood test which would test for my fasting glucose level, a full blood count, thyroid, blood sodium levels and cholesterol level.

Friday I had my blood test and I will get my results on Wednesday. It takes ten to fourteen days to get the results usually but I have been given priority. I also I have to book an appointment with my optician to rule out the likelihood of strain caused from my bad eyesight. Till then I don’t have much to do except swallow painkillers. I have to take this migraine pill and standard painkillers all at the same time (to say that I’m not worried would be an understatement but I’m taking it in my stride…I just pray that whatever it is that is wrong with me Allah grants me the patience to deal with it). My main concern is getting addicted to the painkillers because between Tuesday evening and Friday morning I have finished a 16pack coupled with half a strip of migraine pills (and I’m not the type of person fond of taking medicine be it pill or a syrup).

So yeah, I am walking around in a zombie state and why I’m I going to work? I need some normalcy in my life and if I stay at home I focus more on the pain. Plus the people at work are currently taking it easy on me…bless them. But inshaAllah kheyr…whatever it is Ar-Rahman would get me through it inshaAllah. Bi’ithnillah.
Come Wednesday I will find out what is wrong inshaAllah. Till then keep me in your dua.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

may Allah give u full health and ease the headache. keep drinking the water i guess and some physical exercises can help too.

Monday, November 06, 2006 6:01:00 PM  
Blogger white african said...

ammen to the baove dua, look after yourself, update me, u better or i will hunt you, my phone died on me that day by the way so i apologise a hundred times and i sed you a thousand camels as a gift

Monday, November 06, 2006 11:23:00 PM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

Ameen ya Rabb
JazakAllah Kheyr bro

WA...I will be looking after myself inshaAllah and will try and update you...but hey if i dont you got my number.

By the way I am still awaiting the camels but could I change the gift into 50 camels and 50 horses. I

I have always had this wierd dream of owning a stable with these beautiful black, brown and white horses and riding one of the horses in a desert, with my husband, where the sand stretches beyond us .........

Thursday, November 09, 2006 3:31:00 PM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

^
Ok...maybe i shouldn't have said that coz i have a feeling that i might not live this down for a while ........

Thursday, November 09, 2006 3:32:00 PM  
Blogger NM said...

whoa...what this talk about horses and camals. u need to write an update love so all those who havn't heard can breathe a sight of relieve

Sunday, November 12, 2006 5:06:00 PM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

NM: done that...now they can all breath.

Camels and horses.....hhhmmm...its more of the brotha on the horse...but we will save the discussion for another day....

Sunday, November 12, 2006 8:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home