NATIVE FEMALE

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception." (Al Imran Chapter 3 verse 185)

Monday, October 23, 2006

EID MUBARAK

I truly pray that each and every one of you had a blessed Eid. And that you enjoyed yourselves immensely. I pray that Allah (SW) enables us all to witness many more Ramadans, enables us to keep up all the good habits that we have picked up. I also pray that we are able to continue with the spirit of Ramadan throughout the year…….ameen ya Rabbil ‘alameen.

Already I seem to be missing Ramadan, it was a magical moment. It was a special Ramadan because I had my family with me (as opposed to last year’s which I spent alone). I had a lot of Iftars having home cooked meals as opposed to takeaway. I spent a lot of time with the family and was able to strengthen our ties. The best part was praying Fajr every morning together as a family and the long dua’s my uncle would make after Maghrib prayers. I miss having family meals nearly everyday of the week ( for some reason we make extra effort to make it home for our meals during Ramadan). Another great thing was that I spent some time with my friends and got to know them all a lot better, I feel as though we bonded on a level this Ramadan which might not have been possible if it was any other month. For real, this Ramadan was a month to cherish and truly look back on in the future with fond memories.

The night before Eid hardly anybody slept in the house. Courtesy of having families on different time zones. I stayed up until 5am and then had to promptly wake up at 6am for Fajr paryers. After this we didn’t sleep because we had to get ready if we were going to make it to the 8:30am Eid prayer at Didsbury mosque. Left home at 7:45am and all bundled into the car. The sky was gray and the birds were chirping. It looked peaceful and calm. We did the takbir al Eid inside the car on our way to the mosque. It was just beautiful. We got to the mosque 15mins later. The place wasn’t very crowded and we could hear the men saying the takbir. MashaAllah…..it was beautiful. Everyone at the mosque was dressed beautifully and the kids were overexcited. You could just feel the positive vibe emanating from the room. It was a time when the concept of Islamic brother/sisterhood could be best observed and universality of Islam was exhibited. It was wonderful. The khutba was an emotional one. People were in tears. A reminder that made us appreciate the mercy Allah has bestowed upon us

We got home and had our breakfast as a family (another thing that doesn’t usually happen because we all have different schedules). Called Africa and spoke to the family….that was great! After this the children in the neighbourhood started their rounds (it happens most Eids…they knock on the door and wish us Eid Mubarak…..and then one of us distributes sweets to them. Kinda like treat or tricking but without the fancy costumes and the tricks). I enjoyed handing the sweets to the children….it was nice getting to chat to them and finding out their names.

After this we got a special package all the way from Canada. It contained a cousins wedding video (among other things) so that was nice. A few guest came and we had the usual Eid wishes and chitchats.

Later on around 5pm I went to see NM because I promised I’ll pop in. I went with my slippers (even though hoyo and uncle insisted I wear my sneakers because I won’t be coming back anytime soon). My intention was literary to pop in and out, just spend enough time to wish every one at the house Eid Mubarak. As it turned out hoyo and uncle were right…..I left NM’s house at 9:30pm. However , it was nice seeing all the girls….most of them were there and we had a chilled out get together.

When I got home I just took some painkiller and went to bed. I haven’t been feeling too good lately and this past week I have been having headaches coupled with a feeling of nausea. I made an appointment to test my bloods as I think my blood count is low. I need to test my blood sugar as well as I have some suspicions about that (but I’m too scared to go do that because I don’t want to find out……. )

But inshaAllah kheyr. There is nothing too big wrong with me……it can all be resolved ( and inshaAllah it will be resolved).

All in all…….Eid was wonderful!
May Allah enable us to witness many more…………….ameen.

Kulu ’amuun wa antum bil kheyr!

EID MUBARAK EVERYONE!!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger SleepDepraved said...

Nice to hear you had a nice day for Eid. Get sugar levels tested young lady! Even more so if you are peeing constantly, fatigued and your feet (soles) are extra flaky. Inshallah it is probably nothing but its better to be safe than sorry, since diabetes impacts black people more than other races.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 5:14:00 AM  
Blogger white african said...

eid mubarak to the one and only native.

glad you had a nice ramadan and eid, it does make it extra special when spent with family.

and go dop the blood test it only takes seconds, better to be safe than sorry, im gonna hound you until you do.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 10:27:00 AM  
Blogger NM said...

am glad u had a lovely eid and we were a part of that.

am not going to lecture you again but native if you don't see someone am going to have words with your mum,

P.s :) love you

Thursday, October 26, 2006 6:26:00 PM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

Jazakillah kheyran 4 ur concerns ladies. I have made an appointment 4 next week so inshaAllah kheyr.

Friday, October 27, 2006 9:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home