NATIVE FEMALE

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception." (Al Imran Chapter 3 verse 185)

Monday, April 16, 2007

Back by popular demand! :D

After being threatened with a broken leg I decided to blog. I just got off my crutch so I wouldn’t want to risk a relapse! Whitey….this is for you!

Nothing much has been happening in my corner of the world. Life has been utterly mundane and boring. Nothing exciting seems to happen these days. I had a week off work doing absolutely nothing. Just waking up late and moping around the house, occasionally catching up on Grey’s Anatomy.

I did go to see a movie though. I watched 300. No story line in my opinion, just a bunch of guys fighting. However, I gotta point out the Spartan men. Talk about fit guys. That was the highlight of the movie for me. Talk about eye candy……that’s the only reason I watched the movie till the end. I know I was supposed to lower my gaze but I was a bit weak that day.

I did the entry examination to my course…..now I have to wait until they tally up the results and see if I made it to the shortlist. Hopefully come September I will be a student again….inshaAllah kheyr.

My biopsy results from my endoscopy came back. I have celiac disease. I have a gluten intolerance which causes my immune system to damage the villi in my small intestine restricting the absorption of nutrients to my body. Basically it is an autoimmune disorder which can only be controlled by a gluten free diet. I am relieved that I finally have an answer to my symptoms. I had unexplainable fatigue, anaemia and fractures; they were all due to the lack of nutrients in my body.

That’s what’s new in my world. Till next time…..inshaAllah kheyr! :)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

Celiacs explains somethings eh? I think its funny the idea of you and my sis and S sitting ogling men in th CINEMA of all places! did you do your Istaqfurullah? glag you came back to blogging...

Monday, April 16, 2007 10:59:00 PM  
Blogger white african said...

welcome back welcome back welcomeeeeeeee baaaaaaaaaack.

wooohooo, you better keep up blogging, my threat will still be there :)

sorry to hear about your condition sis buit alhamdullilah it wasnt anything more sever and like you said at least you know now.

i will be watching what you eat, im gonna be like 'native are you sure that glutton free'

and whats this 300 buisness? you do realise that they where fake men

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 10:23:00 AM  
Blogger NM said...

Native!

I am sooooooo happy you called, you sound like your upbeat self an i missed being called homie your the only person i hear it from.

As for the entry exam am making dua at this end beautiful can't wait to see you with your massive bag again inshallah :)

I am reading up on your new gluten free diet so like whitey when i return i can keep an eye on what your eating:)

so pleased that we finally know what it is woman, i can now admit you had me worried but khayr inshallah.

as for 300 tut tut :)

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

hey NATIVE can i ask a question i have been meaning to ask.

how does a somali go gluten free? what happens at home. you ending up with your own space and foods??? help a sis out woman...

Thursday, April 19, 2007 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

Ok girls...about the 300.....I'm a red blooded woman ya knw...lool
However istaghfurullah were done.

Idealst: Welcome back woman....I would have made a clever remark about the hiatus but then I'm not one to talk.
Regarding your question about a gluten free diet in a Somali household, under normal circumstances it would be quite difficult....would have to do the whole own space and foods thing. But here is the good thing...Hoyo said she will go on the diet with me for support. Also MD called me yesterday saying she will join me on my new diet as well so alhamdulillah I have great people around me who are willing to change there lifestyle in support of mine. MashaAllah, Aint I lucky!

Whitey: Thank you! I hope to inshaAllah continue blogging.
Yes alhamdulillah that what I have aint that bad and the best thing is knowing. Having answers to my symptoms....that decreases my stress levels big time.
Jazakillah kheyr for the support sis

NM: I am so glad I called too....I didn't realise how much I missed you until I heard your voice. Come back safe and soon inshaAllah :)
Jazakillah kheyr for the dua sis....I miss me with my massive bag too :)

MashaAllah I am very blessed to have friends who look out for my well being in such a way. Jazakumullahu Kheyran for everything sistaz!

Thursday, April 19, 2007 4:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home