NATIVE FEMALE

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception." (Al Imran Chapter 3 verse 185)

Thursday, January 04, 2007

So 2006 is over………the year has been something! Internationally, nationally, locally and of course personally. So much has happened…..a lot has been lost and plenty gained!

The war in Iraq, Afghanistan and Palestine continued as always but they were joined by the war in Lebanon and the more recent one in Somalia. Bloodshed, bloodshed, bloodshed……the plight of the 21st century.

Famine crisis in Niger and drought followed by heavy flooding affected countries in East Africa. There have also recently been floods in Aceh in Indonesia.

Hammas was boycotted by the west and a unanimous vote to sanction Iran was cast. The limits of free speech were challenged when cartoons depicting our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) in a disrespectful manner were published by Danish Newspaper, Jyllands-Posten.

Senior members of the BNP parties were released without charge after being taped delivering an Islam phobic speech which encouraged violence against Muslims. The niqab (veil) was challenged after comments by Jack Straw. Sadaam Hussein was hanged after being charged with killing 160 people.

Pretty depressing year…but now to the positive points. Yes there is some positive stuff that happened this year…you wouldn’t think so after all that.

Palestinians democratically voted for their new president. Aceh citizens in Indonesia have been given the right to govern themselves under Islamic Law. Thailand’s new government has recognised Thailand’s Muslim minority. Mohammed Yunus, a Bangladeshi banker was awarded the Nobel peace prize. Keith Ellison was elected to become the first Muslim congressman in the US House.

These are just a few of the stories of 2006….they were the ones that left a mark on me or rather they are the ones that I remembered.






Now to me…………

I have personally grown….and I don’t mean physically (I’ve been the same size for the past 2yrs). Emotionally and mentally I have expanded….although there were some slight regressions, everything has been trudging on steadily and sometimes not so steadily.

At the beginning of the year (on my birthday, February 12th) I lost my uncle (one of my dad’s little brothers) to cancer. He was suffering from the cancer of the lymph nodes which according to the doctors had a 98% recovery rate. He was diagnosed on August 2005 after suddenly collapsing on the street 2mnths before that. It was a difficult six months for the whole family while he was in hospital. He went through chemotherapy and lost all his hair (except his eyebrows…..most people lose all their hair but he still had his eyebrows) after that he had radiotherapy, but he stopped that because it was making him sick and weak plus he couldn’t eat. At this point he had made piece with the fact that he will soon meet his maker. He started asking forgiveness from everyone (this was a heartbreaker). The month before he passed away he flew back home (Kenya) looking a lot better than he did. He was able to see his home country and his family before finally taking his last breath. He was my favourite paternal uncle…maybe because he was the one that kept in touch with me the most (he made it a habit to call me every Saturday afternoon to enquire about life in general….his calls have been dearly missed), or maybe because he had a frank and open way of conversing with me, or maybe because he used to shake me on his knee as a child (with me pretending to be on a horse). All I know is I loved him and I pray that Allah forgives his sins grants him Jannatul Fardows. May Allah protect him from the punishment of the grave and have mercy on his soul….ameen

I took a gap year from uni. The first time in my life out of school (still feels weird and I really miss being a student)

I witnessed a real birth and was blessed with a cute and handsome nephew. MashaAllah.


My other nephew Husni aka the Michelin man (as nicknamed by MD) turned one. He is the cutest kid ever mashaAllah. To top it all of he hates crying and likes to play quietly….I mean how much better can you get? MashaAllah…..may Allah bless him.

Had a beautiful Ramadan with family and friends mashaAllah. Hope for many more to come inshaAllah

White African and her family went to Hajj. May Allah accept their Hajj and forgive them their sins. May He return all the pilgrims to their homes safe and sound inshaAllah…..ameen

I underwent some crazy emotional rollercoaster which made me see things in a different light (in fact the emotional rollercoaster is still happening)

Overall the year was one of mixed emotions. One thing I can definitely say is I learnt a lot alhamdulillah. And I am looking forward to learning some more life lessons in 2007.

I mean....what’s life without a lil’ roughness now and again to remind us of our blessing?

I leave with a picture of Husni looking 'smoking' in shades loool….mashaAllah.




Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Aya said...

Awwww, he is just too precious!

I am sorry to hear about your uncle's illness and death. It is tremendously painful to see someone you love suffer. Not having them anymore is so painful as well. May his sins be forgiven and may he find himself in God's mercy.

Congrats on your nephew! My nieces and nephew are the only people I would murder for.

Friday, January 05, 2007 6:42:00 AM  
Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

oh hon. i am sorry to haer about ypur uncle but inshallah Allah will bless him with Jannah. I miss you and the little one you know. i am still doing nights but i am done and dusted on tuesday and then leave you for a month so lets connect before that girl...

Saturday, January 06, 2007 5:24:00 PM  
Blogger Flower.of.Chaos said...

Hello Native!

I just noticed that you've been updating but it hasn’t shown on Somali Blogs so I just assumed u were on a haitus.

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. Ilaahay ha u naxariisto.

Hope you had a wonderful Eid and new year.

Just out of curiosity, why is blog titled under 'blossom of confusion'? Is it that obvious I'm a few prawns short of a full cocktail? Damn!

Saturday, January 06, 2007 6:02:00 PM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

Aya: Thnx gurl.
Ameen to your dua!
And Husni is precious mashaAllah...I hear u about nephews and nieces...they are my life!

Idealist: Ameen sis. Missin u too hon! We will connect b4 that inshaAllah.

Flower: Watup! Ameen. I had good Eid and New Year alhamdulillah. hope the same for u!
Chill...your blog is titled 'blossom of confusion' because it is just a different way of looking at the title 'flower of chaos'. But if u are few prawns short of a cocktail then join the club....I've been a bit short of something my whole life...lool

Khayr inshaAllah

Sunday, January 07, 2007 4:01:00 PM  
Blogger DALAHOW said...

He looks cute mashallah with those shadez...

Keep up the spirit inshallah..

Kulu caam wa antum bi kheir..

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 4:08:00 PM  
Blogger Firefly said...

What a cool baby! I'm luving the shades. Masha'Allah.

Native, I got mine markiiba (lightening bug/firefly...creative!). Didn't realise you have been updating all this time either.

I'm really sorry you lost your beloved uncle. Ilaahay ha u naxariisto (Amiin). It sounds like you had quite a year. I'm really glad you've learned a lot from it, that's all we can do really. Learn from experiences/mistakes/life and move on. May Allah look out for all of us.

Late Eid and New Year blessings!

All the best sis.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger Flower.of.Chaos said...

Oh I get it now. Quite creative, I agree.

Saturday, January 13, 2007 9:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home