NATIVE FEMALE

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception." (Al Imran Chapter 3 verse 185)

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Back in blogland!!

Its been a while since I posted...nearly a month now. There hasn't been much happening in my life, hence the hiatus. Its been pretty mundane and since I have been in no mood for spontaneity....its just been the same routine for the past few weeks.

Been trying to enjoy the winter (if there is such a thing in a hot blooded African Nomad's world). I have decided to not watch or read the news for the past 2weeks so I am 'blissfully' clueless or at least I thought I was but I have been suffering from 'withdrawal symptoms so I had to read some news today. Depressing as always!

I haven't done much since my last post, apart from a couple of going dinner parties (Nemo's and Sara S').

Today at work the most handsome brother I have seen in a long while entered my office. He was dressed in this black qamees (or thowb or dress...whatever you call it) that was ankle length (so no isbaal), he had shoulder length black curly hair and best bit......his face was radiating this nur that just warmed my heart. I had to force myself to lower my gaze. When he uttered the words "Asalamu alaykum sister". I had to quickly gather my thoughts and clear my throat before I replied with a rushed "Wa alaykum salam brother". I didn't think I will ever utter these words but 'native female has fallen inlust with an arab brother' who by the way seems to be taken since he was accompanied by a beautiful sister (bless her lucky soul). Life can sometimes be a bummer but alhamdulillah.

I wanted to post a video of my fav hippo dancing to a Kenyan song (a recent one by the Logombas if your are familiar with Kenyan music). Youtube been playing hard to get toy so I couldn't....instead I will post the link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=kWZQSuzxt4M
It is one funny video.....and the hippo sure can shake looool

As you can see nothing much has been happening in the world of the native one. Before I forget...I have an endoscopy tomorrow so could you all make dua that it goes well inshaAllah. Jazakumullahu kheyran in advance!

Much luv and peace x

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Aya said...

Native Female,
Why are all the gorgeous ones taken? Insha'allah the endoscopy will be okay.

Thursday, February 08, 2007 11:07:00 PM  
Blogger Inspired said...

asalamu alaikum

Haha! reminded me of a brother I once saw that looked like you described ( down to the black thobe) and gues what? he was accompanied by his somali wife :)

Friday, February 09, 2007 2:16:00 AM  
Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Native its so cool to read your blog again.
I miss you girl and you made me laugh with falling for an Arab (what were you thinking - no NO scratch that! LOOOOOOOOOL!!!)

IA Khair as you say the endoscopy will be ok.I will want full details when I am back IA

GREAT TO HAVE ON THE BLOGGING WORLD AGAIN HON X

Friday, February 09, 2007 6:00:00 AM  
Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

That video is truely disturbing. what is the Gods name is the thing doing wiggling its tush and then making smaking gestures with its hand.
DISTURBING!!!

Friday, February 09, 2007 8:46:00 AM  
Blogger NM said...

YAY! YAY! Its sooooooooooo good to finally see an update. how else am i going to keep up with your life eh eh?! keep going

Sunday, February 11, 2007 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger white african said...

that is one freaky hippo seriously, the hippo needs to get married and fast.

glad to have you back in the blogging world, dont do a diseapering act on us otherwise the ghost of blogg will make an apperance in your home ha ha ha

Sunday, February 11, 2007 1:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NF have hope - don't the women on his arm put u off, remember he a shot at four, being number 2 would not have soo bad right.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 4:39:00 PM  
Blogger NM said...

LOL! Native Dee nooh has a point the brother still has 3 vacancies :)

Can't imagine you as a second wife somehow, the idea is providing me with a good giggle

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 5:47:00 PM  
Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

Dee Nooh is one crazy brother if he thinks that NF will be anyones number 2!! You are well funny DN.

Native the one meant for you will be along soon IA

NM wana be 2 or 3 for the bro? LOL!!

Saturday, February 17, 2007 8:53:00 PM  
Blogger Firefly said...

'native female has fallen inlust with an arab brother'

Ayayayaaa!

Good to see you posting, sis.

Saturday, February 17, 2007 11:31:00 PM  
Blogger DALAHOW said...

It was long..I kept checking if you still post some stuff..I come for Kenyan stories here..

We wait to hear more...(The Mashallah Broda)..

How far did u go with the endoscopy...can we have some details ...

Monday, February 19, 2007 3:10:00 PM  
Blogger Umm Maariyah said...

assalam aleikoum

Thursday, February 22, 2007 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

Wa alaykum salaam

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 4:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home