NATIVE FEMALE

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception." (Al Imran Chapter 3 verse 185)

Friday, March 16, 2007

My Whereabouts!

Seems like I have been neglecting my corner of the cyber space lately. I have had a lot to update but I lacked the inspiration and creativity. I just wasn’t able to put my thoughts onto screen.

So what happened since the 8th of February? I’ll try and go chronologically to make things easier.

I celebrated my birthday. That’s right; I am now a year older and wiser (hopefully). It was beautiful, alhamdulillah.

Went to the twins 25th birthday (by the twins I mean flowerlady’s sisters). Since the dress code was no trousers or jeans I had to don a dress and flash a bit of leg. Yes, the self confessed tomboy actually had curves and was a ’girl’ for the night. I let my hair down (literally) and danced the night away. It was fun and all that dancing was therapeutic. All in all it was a well needed evening as it was a chance to catch up with everybody and just go crazy.

A few days following the party my mother called me from Africa (Kenya to be precise). She had some big news for us, my lil’ sister might be getting married sometime toward the end of the year. I was knocked for six! My lil’ sis might be getting married. She isn’t even 20 yet! Even though there is only a couple of years between us it was still hard to get used to the fact that she might be will be someone’s wifey soon. I guess it was bound to happen and is all part of what life is.
I spoke to my sis who seemed calm about the whole thing; she was taking it easy and giving herself time to get used to the idea. We talked about how we missed each other, especially on occasions such as this, when sisterly love and advice is necessary. But khadr Allah, I gave her a few words of wisdom as the older sister (wishful thinking on my part) and promised to make dua for her that Ar-Rahman guides her on the righteous path now and forever ameen.
When the news of my lil’ sister spread amongst my extended family you can guess what followed. Endless phone calls to my parents stating that my sister was too young to get married and that she has her whole life ahead of her. When my parents would not budge as they said the decision rested with my sister and they are only here for advice and support (my parents tend to be diplomatic that way sometimes alhamdulillah), in any case the final decision hasn’t been made yet so they should all back off (politely of course). The focus then turned to me; questions were raised about why I wasn’t getting married since I was the eldest daughter. I just replied by saying that Allah has not decreed for me to get hitched yet plus I kind of like my simple life right now. It will happen when it’s supposed to inshaAllah, till then I will just enjoy life. One aunt was cheeky enough to ask me if I was expecting the man to fall on my lap just like that to which I replied that it would be nice easy that way.
I don’t see the reasons why these people are interested in when or who I get married to. I am not even 25 yet and they keep telling me that time isn’t waiting for anyone. Alhamdulillah my parents are not that hung up on me getting married. They are waiting for it to happen when Allah wills it. Thank you Allah for blessing me with my parents.

On Saturday 24th February I was scheduled to go to the recent march against trident replacement that was held in London. Unfortunately I contracted food poisoning so I spent the weekend hurling while Whitey and Sahara participated in the march. Bummer!

On the Tuesday 27th Feb I was diagnosed with a fractured metatarsal on my right foot. How it happened is a mystery. On Sunday I slightly twisted my foot on the edge of the stairs and didn’t think much of it. It ached and a small bruise appeared but I didn’t think it was anything major. On Monday night as I was rummaging for something in my dresser one on my perfume bottles fell on the exact bruised sport of my foot. It was painful enough for me to curse but I had to hold back my tongue. I took a couple of painkiller as I had a headache and went to sleep. In the early hours of the morning, something like 4am I couldn’t sleep because my foot was aching too much. I didn’t want to wake anybody up because it was too early plus I still didn’t think it was anything major as my foot was only slightly swollen and bruised. So I went to work that morning praying that the pain will pass and it was just some small muscle ache. I was wrong as the clock ticked my pain increased to the point that I visited the A&E. I am not a big fan of hospitals and only go when I have no other choice. I had some x-rays done and was diagnosed with a fractured metatarsal (there was a crack on it, it wasn’t a thorough break), I was wrapped in a crepe bandage as opposed to the cast (thank God) and given crutches. I was ordered not to put any weight on my foot and no strenuous exercise for at least ten weeks. I looked at my crutches and I thought I don’t need them; I came all this way without them…..so I left my crutches at the hospital and went home. I was limping while putting some weight on my foot for 2days on the 3rd day I woke up with my foot very swollen and one bruised to the point that it was blue/green. I had to go back to the hospital and get back the crutches. Guess I learnt my lesson. Now my leg isn’t swollen or bruised anymore but I will have to use the crutches for a while longer. So now I am a limping hijabi with crutches, it has its advantages…for one everybody is a lot nicer to you. One thing I hate about it is depending on others for most things. I am not used to asking someone to do things for me so that has been difficult. However I am feeling a lot better now alhamdulillah and the experience has made me appreciate my health a lot more so it was a blessing in disguise.

Yesterday, on the 15th of March I had my endoscopy. The last appointment I blogged about was a consultation regarding the endoscopy….a risk assessment had to be done. I got slightly confused and thought that I was having the actual scope done. Anyway, I had it done yesterday without anaesthetic. I am such a wimp when it comes to foreign things being inserted into me so I was ready to have the anaesthetic in order to make the experience slightly less unpleasant. However since I was on a crutch and I had a recently fractured I was in danger of hurting myself even more as the anaesthetic would make me unsteady and the effects could last between 2-24 hours. So I had to choose between 15minutes of the procedure (which felt like hours) or a caste and more weeks on the crutch being dependant. I gotta say I surprised myself as I chose to go ahead without the anaesthetic and with the aid of a spray they used to numb my throat. It was hell as the initial reflex reaction is for your oesophagus to tense up around the tube and for you to hurl. They took a biopsy sample as my duodenum was slightly swollen. InshaAllah I shall be receiving my results in the next ten days. Alhamdulillah I am ok, apart from a sore throat (I wasn’t able to swallow properly yesterday because of the pain) everything is fine.

So there we have it, the major things that happened to me in the past month. I just realized how long this post is so apologies…..

Till next time, inshaAllah kheyr

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Lonesome Dreamer said...

Wow, that's a lot of things to happen!

Alhamdulliah with the bad comes the good. Congrats to your sister and to the meddling folks - tell them that your not that into men anyway. That should shock them into silence for days I would hope lol!

Hope you feel better! Your so brave...I would've wrestled with the docs to give me enough anesthetic to knock me out for days lol.

Friday, March 16, 2007 9:36:00 PM  
Blogger Firefly said...

WoW...a full-on update, dheh. Well, let's see...


Happy late birthday wishes to you! May you enjoy a long, healthy, fruitful and blessed life, I'A.

Massive congrats to your baby sister! May she have a blessed marriage with her chosen one. I hope you see each other soon.

Oh, your poor foot! I hope it heals fast. Also glad the endoscopy went Ok...hopefully the results will be positive, I'A.

Friday, March 16, 2007 9:42:00 PM  
Blogger Aya said...

NATIVE FEMALE,

Happy belated birthday, sister, and may your year bring joy and fulfillment.

Big congrats to your sister! Wow, not 20 yet!

I completely feel your foot pain. I walked (and ran) around with a broken toe once and paid dearly for doing so. Hope you heal soon. And I will keep you in my prayers with the endoscopy results. Insha'allah it will be nothing.

Saturday, March 17, 2007 12:04:00 AM  
Blogger NM said...

Honestly native i don't understand how all these accidents happen to you, i feel like i can't leave you!

anyho woman! its too to finallly be reading about what you have been up to, keep it up :)

as soon as you have the results let me know!

(was i the first to text on your bday i thought the time difference would give me an advantage :)

your baby sis...aww thats sooo cute, i wish i was there for the teasing period, the tut, tut your not getting any younger talks.

Tell them the truth Native your a committment phobe :)

Saturday, March 17, 2007 9:38:00 AM  
Blogger DALAHOW said...

DO NOT MISS TO READ THIS ARTICLE ON BASHIR GOTH on my website

Friday, March 23, 2007 1:34:00 AM  
Blogger DALAHOW said...

I am sorry read it here

http://islamkenya.blogspot.com/

Friday, March 23, 2007 1:34:00 AM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

Jazakumullahu kheyran for the well wishes girls. Appreciate it!

NM: U were the first to text me on my b'day @ 7am. Mind you, it was a good message to wake up too :D thnx

Me a commitment phobe? Nah...I can't deny it....guilty as charged!

Thursday, March 29, 2007 5:47:00 PM  
Blogger nuh ibn zbigniew gondek said...

As salaam alaikum.

Just surfing through again.

You might remember me. Canadian Muslim writer, come by insha'Allah if you have some time to read or are looking for some dawah ideas.

Ma'as salaama,

nuh ibn

Thursday, March 29, 2007 7:52:00 PM  
Blogger white african said...

ama gonna come over to your house and make your other leg limp.

blog girl bloggggggggggggggggg

Saturday, April 14, 2007 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

Wa alaikum salaam nuh ibn. Will take you up on your offer inshaAllah.

Just for u whitey I have blogged!

Monday, April 16, 2007 3:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home