NATIVE FEMALE

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception." (Al Imran Chapter 3 verse 185)

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Lost in a whirlwind

Somewhere in the west 2006

In a foreign land coz I have no peace

Fled to save my life, now I’m a refugee

Gained independence in the year 1960

Our grandfathers fought to gain liberation

Now we are scattered as citizens of other nations

Warlords shedding blood in the name of Qabil

Sixteen years on we still in a war

Still the same politics back and forth

Disregard for one another cripples our soul

We call ourselves Muslims, where did our iman go

Respect for humanity and the fear of Allah is gone

A whole nation thrown and fed to the dogs

The youth grows with questions of where they belong

All because we couldn’t get along

I ask myself is there still hope

A day where we wake up in the morn

And the Qabil you are won’t matter no more

Back to the days of being dignified people

Where we can say we from Somalia, strong and proud

I wonder is this a dream on a distant cloud?


I aint much of a poet. I'm not an artist, am a scientist. However this was the only way I could think of expressing myself right now. I'm just currently lost in web of emotions. Wish I could just sit here and type it all up, maybe gain some sort of "emotional deliverance" . I have so much to say but the words seem so little. Not enough to do justice to what lies in the crevices of my mind and soul right now. With this jumble of words I bid you farewell until I blog again.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

i realy felt that hon. i wish they would stop all the crap and actualy just get on. i sound like a kid but this is how i feel. the only thing is to keep making dua. let me know if you want to have a proper rant about the bloody somali lot...

Sunday, May 21, 2006 2:33:00 AM  
Blogger MD said...

wow.....fezo u have some hidden talents

Sunday, May 21, 2006 3:02:00 PM  
Blogger NM said...

Native f..we need to talk about your secrets sweetheart, like how come you can write poetry and i don't know eh eh ??

Somalia, what can you say we are such a messed up race..tribe eh you would think we have never read or heard of the prophets (saw) last sermon for goodness sake but eh as long as this generations thinks its a load of bleeeeeeeep then we will be fine inshallah.

Lots of dua eh, the ummah has issue with race and i think somalia is a pretty good example..

Although i must admit and this is objective that we are not was warped as some cultures....the things we humans do to each other and believe about each other what’s the obsession with superiority anyway…self esteem issues on a grand scale me thinkith

Monday, May 22, 2006 5:03:00 PM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

NM: me agrees

MD: *cheeks burning*

Idealist: jazakillah sis....maybe i'll take up you up on the offer :)

Monday, May 22, 2006 5:57:00 PM  
Blogger The Rendezvous said...

Although I am from the neighboruing Kenya, I really felt your heart towards the somali lot..May Allah help all muslims..

Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:38:00 PM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

Rendezvous... ameen brother ameen.

Am from the neighbouring Kenya myself but still...the somali lot are my people and will always be.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 10:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home