NATIVE FEMALE

"Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception." (Al Imran Chapter 3 verse 185)

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Say what?!

Something wierd has happened to me. I haven't drunk tea for a week. Am not sure you are going to appreciate how much of a big deal this is......I mean am telling you that tea was my life. I couldn't function without tea, for real!
Let me make you understand the depth of this thing here. On a normal day for past twelve years i have averaged on four cups of strong tea a day. I come from kenya (where some of the best tea is found) so me and tea were inseparable..........hell we went together like white on rice. Our names were synonamous.........you wouldn't think of tea without thinkin of me!
I hope you now understand how this feels.........I have been trying to give up tea or at least reduce my intake, but I never thought it will happen like this. So sudden, I didn't even get the chance to say goodbye......or drink my last cup of beautiful kenyan tea. It just happened........I woke up one morning and boom!....I didn't want anymore tea.
Now am trying to get used to life without tea....no stimulant to take me through the day. It's hard life albeit a healthy one.Live on juice and water as forms of fluids......kinda cool but still its nto cool. I miss tea!!!!!
This has left me saying............say what?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger NM said...

Take the plunge.. drink a whole cup and you will soon become acustomed to it!

how r we going to hang out if you don't tea

oh my god, i just had a glimps of the future, a tealess future its not bright NF

get drinking

i am making dua

Monday, April 03, 2006 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

Yo nm am trying.....evry mornin i wake up and put the kettle on in the hope that i might actually drink tea today and then i see myself makin for the orange juice.
But ama keep persevering........hopefully soon i'll be drinking tea but it will take tym.....as we say in swahilli...slowly slowly is the way (by the way...this is a bad translation but am sure you get the vibe).
Keep makin dua nm!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 1:34:00 AM  
Blogger SleepDepraved said...

Pole pole ndio mwendo :) I quit tea when I moved to US cause tea here is awful. Then I got hooked on coffee. Now I am off coffee and into oatmeal :P We make transitions so embrace it NF.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 5:18:00 AM  
Blogger NM said...

oatmeal? isn't that cereal? its a drink in america?

LOL

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger SleepDepraved said...

No lol that is not a drink but a sub for breakfast. It more nutritious than coffee or tea with bread/biscuit.muffin/canjera.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 12:06:00 AM  
Blogger NATIVE said...

lool nm
I think what sd is saying is that nowadays she's into porridge.....atleast that the only thing that makes sense to me.
lool....trust you nm to think oatmeal was a drink. Although I wonder......do you eat or drink porridge? hhmmm....neva thought of that!

Friday, April 07, 2006 2:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home